Tuesday, February 8, 2011

10 Random Things to be Grateful For

So, my life has been very insane lately. I decided this last week to join the Competition Choir for LIGHT, and that means that I have to earn $2000 by the end of the month, learn music & choreography for the numbers we are doing, and go to more rehearsals than ever. So ya, very crazy. I just want to take a minute to breath and talk about some things I am grateful for.
1. My talents. A couple years ago, I was not nearly confident and outgoing as I am now. I hardly ever talked, I hardly smiled, and I did not think I was good at ANYTHING. Then one day in seminary, we studied the story about the guy who buried his talent in the earth instead of developing it. So, I decided to not be like that man by developing & discovering the talents that Heavenly Father gave to me. I slowly became more and more involved with a lot of stuff, and here I am today! True, I am not the best singing, dancing, photography, or anything else I do, but I can still do it, and I'm so grateful for that. (Picture credit: Jill Adair, an amazing person)
2. My 6 year old brudder! He is like a fountain that never stops running, I'll tell you that. He is generally misunderstood because of his craziness, and I admit that I lose my patience with him, but he has this innocence and sweetness that I just love so darn much. And it's so cute when he asks me if I need help with anything when I'm having a bad day!


3. The word "Duck". So, everyday before school my carpool gets dropped off by the place where the buses go to drop off students, across the street from the Seminary building. Well, one day I looked down and noticed some graffiti on the sidewalk... with a swear word! This was super revolting to me, and I'm sure it annoyed other people too. I saw it every single day, whether I liked it or not (I need to stop looking at the ground when I walk). But then yesterday when I saw it, I noticed that some awesome person wrote "DUCK" over the other word. It just made my day! Whoever did it is my hero!

4. Carpeting in church buildings. Church starts at 8:30 AM for my ward, so my family tends to be walking in when the member of the bishopric is giving the ward business. Most of us girls wear heels to church, so I'm grateful that the carpet is there to muffle the sound so that there won't be silence except for the clicking of heels on hardwood floor. (IDK if that made any sense, but oh well)

5. Warm, fuzzy blankets. Our heat is turned off during the winter because of financial reasons. It really isn't as bad as it sounds, because I really love that feeling when it is cold, and you snuggle up under 2 fleece (aka fuzzy) blankets & your comforter with your teddy bear (I admit it: I still sleep with a teddy bear), then you feel all warm and snug as a bug. ^^ Ahhh


6. People just saying "Hi! How are you?"

7. God made us so that it's easier to smile than to frown. :D Seriously, this is one of the many ways that proves that He loves us. :)

8. Hugs! There was a time when I got at least 20 hugs a day, and therefore, I took them for granted. Next thing I new, I was hardly getting any, and it made me sad. Now, I LOVE hugs!!! :D

9. Music. Hmmm... I think it's more appropriate to write a poem about music, so I'll get back to you on this one. :)

10. Just the fact that I am alive right now, at this time and place, despite the trials that comes with it. I can write an essay on this, so just be happy with the stated fact. :)

2 comments:

  1. Don't you love Zachary? I love Zachary. He is awesome. And his texts are so random and awesome.
    P.S. I love Ducks now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him too :) Aaaamen! He rocks my socks haha. :)
    Same here! Yay for Ducks! :D

    ReplyDelete