Monday, January 9, 2012

Lizards

      I'm one of those girls who has held huge snakes, let an alligator sit on my lap, & not scared of dissecting things. Yet, I'm scared of little lizards on the loose. Let's rewind to Friday...

      At my school, we have no school on Fridays, so usually I just hang out in my PJs all day, unless I have something going on, AKA ballroom dance club @ 3. I admit, I clean my room, and a week later it's a mess. It's an organized mess though: clean clothes go on my bed or on the floor by my bed, while dirty clothes go in a corner under my window. (Oh yea, I have my own room now. It's ah-mazing!). Anyways, it was like any other Friday. I was getting ready to go to ballroom. I turned around and glanced at my dirty clothes pile. Lo and behold, there's a huge gecko sitting on my jeans, staring at me. I did what any other teenage girl would do. I jumped and dashed out of my room to call for my 7-year-old brother to rescue me from the little lizzy. When he got in there, he chased it around & it ninja vanished. I kid you not, 10 minutes later I strolled in my room to get something, & it was sitting on my bed, staring. You know, the usual thing creepy little lizards do. Jonathan came to the rescue yet again, but the little devil ran into the playroom.

           My room was destroyed even more due the epic battles to capture the small reptile. I was still scared that it was hiding in there somewhere, so I spent the next few nights sleeping in my mom's room, only going in my room to get stuff I need. Tonight, I decided to tidy it up a little. I put drawers back where they belonged, put some clothes away, tossed the dirty laundry into a basket, you know, the quick ways to tidy up. I picked up the blanket I use to cover my parakeet's cage and gently put it on top of the cage. I turned around to pick something up. I'm sure you can guess what happened next. I turned back around, and right on the space next to my bird's cage that I could have sworn was empty before, was the huge little lizard. Staring. Creeping. EEEEEE!!!! All the males in the house were asleep, but even then I was tired of failed attempts. I called my neighbor. He came and imprisoned the reptile. I made sure he set it free in the garden. Lizards are cute, and they eat grody bugs that are more scary. My mom is never going to let me forget this for the next few weeks.   

No comments:

Post a Comment