Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Clumsy Moment

It's been a while since I've posted, but just like everybody else, my body gave in and got sick, so here's something that happened last Monday.

So, there was no school, and I decided to put on a kettle of water for hot chocolate, and watched TV while I was waiting for it to start whistling. After about 5 or 10 minutes, I started wondering why it was taking so long; that was the moment when I took a whiff and realized that something was burning. Having no idea what is was, I jumped up and bolted to the kitchen. Apparently, I accidentally turned on the wrong stove, & coincidentally, there was a carton of eggs sitting on it. It wasn't a very good sight. The carton looked like it was eaten away in the shape an arch, and some egg whites had oozed through the shell and was cooking on the stove. I quickly picked it up and moved it to a completely safe side of the counter.

(Sorry it's sideways) The surviving eggs!
This is not all though. My 6-year-old brother saw it and thought it was on fire because it was a little red on the burnt edges, & what do little kids think to do first when there's a "fire"? Blow on it. So, he started blowing on the carton, and it actually bursts into flames. AHHH!! He courageously kept on blowing in an attempt to put out the flames, but I saved the day by pouring water on it. Pretty good way to start the day if you ask me, haha.

P.S. The whole house smelt horrible after this incident, and the fire alarm went off and scared the dog.

1 comment:

  1. you forgot to mention that our house smelled for days. yuck!

    ReplyDelete