Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Growing Up in the 1940's

In those days, the kids knew how to ballroom dance.
They had fun doing to Jitterbug at the Sock Hop.
They would always love to take trips to movies, whenever the chance,
As well as to go to the shop for some soda pop.
Golly, what fun would I have if I were a kid then?

In those days, the life of the family was great.
The mothers stayed home, the fathers worked daily.
The teens never felt towards their parents a trifle of hate.
And during dinner, everyone would sit and talk gaily.
What happiness would I feel if I was a kid then?

In those days, the education was diverse.
The girls learned to sew, the boys learned to stay strong.
To them, it was not cool to smoke, drink, or curse.
They usually learned family life, hygiene, and health all long.
Wow, what smarts would I have if I were a kid then?

In those days, the World War was breaking.
The boys, at the young age of eighteen, had to go.
All of the women, girls, and children had their limbs quaking.
Aluminum drives, donations, and work, had the hope grow.
What fear would I feel if I were a kid then?

No comments:

Post a Comment